• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Petition to Motorola to update Android OS for the Triumph

I'm not a MT user (just looking to see if the phone is any good on here) but it is not Motorola's job to send out the update..its vm's and it costs ALOT of money to send one out! So wouldn't expect one to come out anytime soon....we were talking about updates for the V in our gourmet and most of us don't think it would be happening.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
I'm not a MT user (just looking to see if the phone is any good on here) but it is not Motorola's job to send out the update..its vm's and it costs ALOT of money to send one out! So wouldn't expect one to come out anytime soon....we were talking about updates for the V in our gourmet and most of us don't think it would be happening.

Actually it's up to both motorola and VM... Moto has to actually make the update all VM would have to do is add their bloatware and then Moto could release it. The MT has a built in nb0 installer I believe or some sort of built in updater that's not OTA it actually has to be on the sdcard from what I understand.

Upvote 0

I understand what you are saying but if we include both company's Virgin and Motorola and show that we love our phones and want support for the device we spend our money. They may lean on one another and force one or the other company to update which ever company is responsible.

Please sign the Petition Thank you.

Upvote 0
They don't need to push the update to our phones. They can make the update, have it on their website, text everyone there is an update available for the Triumph and have the user instalI it. I believe that is how they did it for the Intercept and Cricket Wireless did for the Sanyo Zio. (could be wrong about the Intercept)

The intercept was OTA... but took forever to get rolled out! Lol

And Motorola mostly does those kind of updates where you go to there site.

Has anyone actually tried contacting like foxconn? The people who are rumored to be the real creators of the device

Upvote 0
Has anyone actually tried contacting like foxconn? The people who are rumored to be the real creators of the device
They shouldn't need to. Cherry Mobile updated theirs just fine. Motorola and VM are just being jerks when it comes to updating this device. They don't even list it as part of their upgrade plan, it's not their phone as far as they're concerned.

Upvote 0
Since I have had mobile phones with upgradeable OS's, I have seen these threads over and over again. Not once in the last 8 yrs have I ever seen a company upgrade due to customer pressure. If they plan an upgrade its trumpeted from the highest tower as part of a sales pitch.

My suggestion is dont waste your time waiting Iit'll never happen) but go install MIUI to get all the features you want. HDMI "out" does not work but its a small price to pay for a magnificent OS running 2.3.

Ive been on MIUI since September and Id never go back :)

Upvote 0
Signed it and got a few friends to sign.. although I really don't think much will come even if we hit 500.

They got our money and thats all they seem to care about. It takes them 5 days - 2 weeks to respond to any help ticket when they say that they will respond within 48 hours, and if you go more than 48 hours with out replying they will close the ticket and consider your problem solved.
Definitely some of the worst Customer service I have dealt with.
I have found a different company that responds within hours! even on a sunday.. its not phone related, but that is true customer service and satisfaction ..

Reactions: loukin
Upvote 0
signed and bumped.

Since I have had mobile phones with upgradeable OS's, I have seen these threads over and over again. Not once in the last 8 yrs have I ever seen a company upgrade due to customer pressure. If they plan an upgrade its trumpeted from the highest tower as part of a sales pitch.

My suggestion is dont waste your time waiting Iit'll never happen) but go install MIUI to get all the features you want. HDMI "out" does not work but its a small price to pay for a magnificent OS running 2.3.

Ive been on MIUI since September and Id never go back :)

I am perhaps one of the biggest MIUI lovers out there. I love theming it in my spare time. Our MIUI GB is out of date in a bad way - half the most recent ls themes featuring cool stuff won't work (not to mention sms counts are busted on 1.11.25 for custom ls manifests). The ICS prospects are not looking so hot without some more resources for devs to actually use. This phone is not a MIUI-er's delight, and it only makes me antsier as new features we don't have access to become available.

I agree that the petition will not likely get the result we all want. Doesn't mean we shouldn't try I suppose :)

Reactions: Mobstergunz
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones