• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone always hangs up after receiving call

I've searched the forums and can't find anyone else with this exact problem.

If my phone is locked, and I receive a call, I have to swipe two different screens to answer the call (one says "incoming call with the number and has a swipe button in the bottom middle and the other is the traditional android swipe screen with the red and green answer or ignore options). Once I do that, I connect to the call for somewhere between 1-5 second, and then the call will always hang up.

I've checked my settings and apps to make sure that I don't have two different lock screens enabled, but nothing seems amiss.

Can anyone help? This is driving me totally crazy, and getting pretty embarrassing, too.

I am on Verizon, running Android 4.4.2, not rooted. I'm using Nova as my launcher.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones