• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Phone bricked and can't restore...

jdmluvr

Lurker
Apr 10, 2009
So, I was at the park with my nephew and he was jumping a small run off that goes into the lake at the park. I jumped it 1 time and my G1 fell out of my pocket and into a small puddle of water. I quickly grabbed it and took it apart. I let it sit for about 10 minutes, but neither the phone or the battery water tab turned red. I blew in the phone to get all of the water out. Well, I put it back together and it would load, but the menu button on the phone wouldn't work. So, I took it apart again to let it dry more. When I put it together again, the phone wouldn't get passed the "android" loading screen. It wouldn't even load the boot recovery or anything. The only thing I could do was call Tmobile and get a replacement. I received my replacement and now have to send the bricked one back, but what will happen if Tmobile finds that I had the phone rooted w/ JF1.5 installed? Make me pay for the replacement????

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones