1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root Phone bricked and can't restore...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jdmluvr, Aug 15, 2009.

1. jdmluvr

jdmluvr New Member

Apr 10, 2009
    So, I was at the park with my nephew and he was jumping a small run off that goes into the lake at the park. I jumped it 1 time and my G1 fell out of my pocket and into a small puddle of water. I quickly grabbed it and took it apart. I let it sit for about 10 minutes, but neither the phone or the battery water tab turned red. I blew in the phone to get all of the water out. Well, I put it back together and it would load, but the menu button on the phone wouldn't work. So, I took it apart again to let it dry more. When I put it together again, the phone wouldn't get passed the "android" loading screen. It wouldn't even load the boot recovery or anything. The only thing I could do was call Tmobile and get a replacement. I received my replacement and now have to send the bricked one back, but what will happen if Tmobile finds that I had the phone rooted w/ JF1.5 installed? Make me pay for the replacement????

Advertisement

2. james1808

james1808 Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Audio Visual Engineer
    Macclesfield. UK.
    Not sure what they do if they find out. Tell them you dropped it in the toilet after a jobby, that way they will probably just chuck it and not check it. heheh:D

Tags: