• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone connect to hotspot on bt car connect

Hello.
I am having issues regarding getting Tasker to connect to my Samsung Galaxy s5. My phone is rooted as an FYI. Sometimes it connects to my hotspot but for the most part it doesn't work very well.
I have a profile that states when connected to a device through blutooth (car bluetooth), it is supposed to disable wifi, toggle the app "Toggle wifi hotspot 5.0". Seems pretty simple right? Well it has a hard time with that feat.
OK. The opposite is supposed to happen when I disconnect from this.
This has never fully happened. Can someone give me how it is supposed to look like in Tasker.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-10-20-16-52-39.png
    Screenshot_2017-10-20-16-52-39.png
    99.3 KB · Views: 147
  • Screenshot_2017-10-20-16-52-34.png
    Screenshot_2017-10-20-16-52-34.png
    81.9 KB · Views: 138
  • Screenshot_2017-10-20-16-52-47.png
    Screenshot_2017-10-20-16-52-47.png
    142.8 KB · Views: 143
  • Screenshot_2017-10-20-16-53-21.png
    Screenshot_2017-10-20-16-53-21.png
    119.9 KB · Views: 121
Hello.
I am having issues regarding getting Tasker to connect to my Samsung Galaxy s5. My phone is rooted as an FYI. Sometimes it connects to my hotspot but for the most part it doesn't work very well.
I have a profile that states when connected to a device through blutooth (car bluetooth), it is supposed to disable wifi, toggle the app "Toggle wifi hotspot 5.0". Seems pretty simple right? Well it has a hard time with that feat.
OK. The opposite is supposed to happen when I disconnect from this.
This has never fully happened. Can someone give me how it is supposed to look like in Tasker.

Remove the link to your car with the engine off from your device. And do the same from your car. Turn your car off and restart your device. Then turn ignition switch to own but not with the car cranked and then relink your device to the car. This process May fix your issues.

Upvote 0
Why w
Remove the link to your car with the engine off from your device. And do the same from your car. Turn your car off and restart your device. Then turn ignition switch to own but not with the car cranked and then relink your device to the car. This process May fix your issues.
Weird why this would work but I'll b give it my best college try. Everything works by physically hitting buttons..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones