• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone contact with only area code and prefix

MLAndroid

Dec 30, 2010
I'd like to create a phone contact for a large company that has people calling from a lot of internal numbers, but they all use the same area code and prefix. That way I'll know it's probably not spam, it's from someone who works at that company. For example all employees who call have a number like 510-623-XXXX. So is there a way to create a contact that will display the name of the company anytime a call comes from area code and prefix 510-623-XXXX regardless of the last 4 digits.

Reactions: Cao Van Thanh
I'd like to create a phone contact for a large company that has people calling from a lot of internal numbers, but they all use the same area code and prefix. That way I'll know it's probably not spam, it's from someone who works at that company. For example all employees who call have a number like 510-623-XXXX. So is there a way to create a contact that will display the name of the company anytime a call comes from area code and prefix 510-623-XXXX regardless of the last 4 digits.
there is no app or setting for something like that. you just need to have the caller id option. just make sure that the number the employee's get are tied in with the company and you should be good to go.....i would also have a talk with your telecommunication company as well. there really is nothing you can do on the phone side that i know of.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
I have caller ID on my phone and it displays the incoming number, I think the problem is the CNAM databases are so useless now that no name is ever associated with the number. I was hoping there was some way to use wild cards in the contacts list so I could match on all the 4 digit subscriber numbers coming from a particular area code and prefix.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones