• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone crashes and screen flickers

A

Android Question

I have a galaxy S5 and ever since it updated to 5.0 is will suddenly crash and when I press the power button the screen flickers with many horizontal white lines but won't come on. I have to wait 30 seconds or more before it will come back on. . Has anyone experienced this? How do I fix it ?

Hmmm, that sounds like a driver problem. You have to understand that the changes from 4.x to 5.0 were huge and if you did an upgrade, but never reset the phone after that, there are most likely a lot of junk from the old version hanging around and interfering.

I would highly recommend a factory reset at this point to clear out all the old stuff, keeping in mind that this will wipe the phone, so make sure all your important files and data are backed up first (you should be backing them up anyway ;) )

Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones