• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

phone dialer is broken, where you click microphone

sdowney717

Jan 9, 2017
Simply, I used to hit the microphone on the dialer, say a store where I want to go, it would load the store info and I could click a dial phone button and call them. Now NOTHING happens, like buttion is dead. A few days ago while it was breaking, it started playing a video (just heard some audio) when hitting that button, but now nothing. I also turned phone off but it is still not working.

The microphone works fine. I hear the noise when you click the button.

Last edited:
Is it just the button, i.e. a software problem in that app, or do you actually have a problem with that part of the touchscreen (no matter what app you are using)?

If it's just the dialer app then try clearing the app's cache, possibly its data if that doesn't work (shouldn't clear your contacts, since they are owned by a separate app called Contacts Storage, but will clear any settings or preferences you have for the dialer. I'd make sure your contacts are backed-up first though, just to be certain). Or uninstalling updates to it (assuming this is the built-in dialer).

If it's a dead spot on the screen, there's nothing you can do apart from a hardware repair.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones