• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Phone doesn't start

iaragorn

Lurker
Dec 9, 2012
Hello,

I have LG optimus chic E720, android 2.2.
I installed Titanium Backup app and throuh it, idiot, I deleted LG Desktop system app :-( .
And now desktop doesn't work.
I restart the phone but it doesn't starts.

Is possible to bring phone back to life?

Thank you

Hello,

I have LG optimus chic E720, android 2.2.
I installed Titanium Backup app and throuh it, idiot, I deleted LG Desktop system app :-( .
And now desktop doesn't work.
I restart the phone but it doesn't starts.

Is possible to bring phone back to life?

Thank you
Hello there iaragorn!
Welcome to AF!!
I move your thread here so the folks here can help out!
I am not familiar with your device, but is the LG Desktop a launcher?
As in, can you sideload another launcher?

Upvote 0
Hey iaragorn!
I was thinking about this on the way to work...don't know if it will work, but worth a try.
Turn your phone on.
Go to the Play Store on your computer, and find a Launcher like GoLauncher and choose "download to my device" (or something like that)
Wait a few minutes for it to hopefully download :)
It will download and install it on your phone.
Then try to press the home button to select GoLauncher as your launcher/

Upvote 0
Hi,

problem is without launcher I am not able to do almost anything, even start google play.

But I finally found solution.

I found on internet lg desktop app (not the same version, which I had, but still better than nothing) and I send link to my phone via sms.
Then I download it and install it. And then i was able to do almost everything, even the launcher was crashing all the time.

Now is everything back in normal.

Thank you

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones