• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't use my phone. Help!

Tiger97

Lurker
Nov 11, 2023
My Samsung A10 doesn't work when its memory is full, so I downloaded these apps yesterday and it happened, usually I just uninstall something, or clean some apps data. But this time, my phone rebooted, and now it can't start Android system. So I can't access anything. How can I recover control, preferably without a full reset??

Reactions: manole2023
what apps did you download? what happens when it restarts? does it boot loop? nothing? blank screen?
It wasn't any weird or virus app, just a regular (big) game. When it starts I can unlock it, and see the "Starting Android..." message then it gets forever stuck there. (I can access the configs but it closes when I enter the most of them, like applications to make some space, it shows the apps, but when I click one, the configs closes) I know its going to work again if I release some space, but the question is, how?
pd: sorry about my english

Upvote 0
Does it have a system cache partition? Most modern Androids don't any more, but Samsung do stick with the "old school" approach in a few things. If it has you could try booting into recovery mode (will require pressing some keys while rebooting, there will be instructions on the web) and then seeing whether there is an option to clear the cache (not data, just cache). You lose nothing from trying that.

A factory reset (i.e. clearing data and cache) would fix this, but then you lose everything that isn't backed-up, so a last resort only.

You say you can access some things. I don't suppose it lets you open a file manager, but if it does you could see whether you can delete any large files.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones