• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone dont ring and msg dont come through

amy1007

Lurker
Apr 6, 2011
My phone is being weird. People call and it doesnt ring. They send messages and I dont get them. I have to put the phone on airplane mode and then take it off for them to come through. Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can fix it? I am missing very important calls and texts because of it.

Got a task killer or antivirus on the phone? Battery saving app?

May have to reset the phone. At the least, call tech support to walk through reprovisioning the phone. They should ask you to dial ##72786# followed by the MSL. If they do not (or ask you to do ##3282# or ##786#), then they may not know what ##72786# is (it clears all voice and data programming, then forces a handsfree activation). If they do want you to hard reset the phone, be sure you do it with the hardware keys and not ##786#.

Should not be the tower as you are able to get signal after toggling Airplane Mode.

Upvote 0
Got a task killer or antivirus on the phone? Battery saving app?

May have to reset the phone. At the least, call tech support to walk through reprovisioning the phone. They should ask you to dial ##72786# followed by the MSL. If they do not (or ask you to do ##3282# or ##786#), then they may not know what ##72786# is (it clears all voice and data programming, then forces a handsfree activation). If they do want you to hard reset the phone, be sure you do it with the hardware keys and not ##786#.

Should not be the tower as you are able to get signal after toggling Airplane Mode.

I dont have any of that on my phone that i know of. I really hate talking to the techs at sprint. It takes forever to get through and then no one wants to listen to your problems. If i reset the phone I will loose everything right? I did have wifi enabled on the phone but I have taken it off to see if that is the problem. Its seems like it has only starting happening once I did that.

Upvote 0
I dont have any of that on my phone that i know of. I really hate talking to the techs at sprint. It takes forever to get through and then no one wants to listen to your problems. If i reset the phone I will loose everything right? I did have wifi enabled on the phone but I have taken it off to see if that is the problem. Its seems like it has only starting happening once I did that.

not exactly...apps can be redownloaded, contacts/email/calendar and all the google crap will re-sync, and the other important stuff should be on your memory card

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones