• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone gets so hot!

GalaxyS2Kent

Sep 2, 2011
England
Just got my new S4 (upgraded from Galaxy S2) today and charged it up. But when I use it, it gets really hot in my hand. Is this (fingers crossed) because it's new or should I be concerned enough to send it back)?

I turned it off for now, as Tesco is supposed to be transferring my old number to the new phone -- hope I didn't get a bad one.

Thanks.

It's a little bit hard to tell whether what you are seeing is normal or not.

I also upgraded from an S2 to an S4 and my experience is that the S4 doesn't get as hot. Sometimes eg in an area with poor signal or when you are playing games or videos for a long time it will naturally heat up. It shouldn't do it in during normal use though.

Smartphones do get hot sometimes as you probably noticed with your S2 but if it ever gets so hot that it's uncomfortable to hold your hand against it for a while, I'd start worrying. Give it a couple of days, see how it goes and report back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones