• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone has been acting really strange...

Rlad78

Dec 30, 2010
SC, USA
My messenger has been acting really strange...

Lately, over the past three days, my phone will not receive text messages and when I go to text someone during this "strange activity," I have to force close it and restart my phone in order to be able to do any texting.

More recently, it's been acting even more strangely. For some reason, both the Wi-Fi and 3G symbols appear at the top of my screen, even though no 3G data transfer occurs. I tried to text myself because I couldn't find my phone (I have the app "Where's My Droid" which makes the phone ring when texted a certain phrase) and nothing happened. I eventually found it and found that the message had never been received. In an attempt to fix it, I kill Messaging with "Advanced Task Killer" and re-open it, only to find that the phone no longer allows me to type anything in the box (I hit the keys and it recognizes it, but letters don't show up) and the send button is darker.

Trying something out of the blue, I try to disable Wi-Fi (I manage Wi-Fi and 3G using Widgetsoid) and see that it does not go away immediately. After about 2min, it goes away, and I receive the text I sent 7 times (I only sent it once).

Then, I check my running apps and see that a bunch of apps I had not used were randomly running.

I don't understand what's going on. I haven't installed any new apps recently...
Anyone know what could cause my phone to do this?

Captivate 2.1 AT&T Non-rooted

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones