• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone in idle nearly all the time, no apps running, yet battery drains a few percent every 30 mins.

Just shut off mobile data when not needed.

I do that. When I'm on the phone making a call it doesn't matter. Lately, my phone actually hasn't been dropping down much, UNLESS I'm on the phone. For some reason, and I don't know why, it seems like the battery drains 10 times as much as it would even if I was on the internet. I can't have an hour phone call without it dying. But just texting and stuff now it hasn't dropped much just a few percent every hour. Data on, Data off, doesn't matter. I guess I'll just have to be plugged into a charger while on the phone if I'm at my house. If I'm away from my house it won't drop nearly as much.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones