• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone keeps losing its default "Home" setting

I use dxTop as a home screen replacement, but also have Open Home, and GDE installed as well. Every now and then, maybe once every other day?, when I press Home, it asks me which home screen app to use. I always click on the one I want (dxTop) and check the box that says use as default. It remembers it for a while, but it'll forget again.

Anyone else having the same problem?
Its more of an annoyance than a problem, but still, I wish it would remember.

Do you have a task killer on your phone. Maybe you're killing the process once in a while or maybe it has auto kill. I would exclude the home replacements that would probably help.

I think if you update your home replacements it may take off the default.

Other than those 2 things I'm not really sure what else could be causing your annoyance. I use dxtop also and haven't really had a problem with that, maybe once or twice it's done that.

Upvote 0
I've got no task killers running. And it does loose the default setting whenever there's an update to one of the home replacements, but I expect that to happen. I haven't figured out a repeatable action to cause this, but its occasional enough to just be a bother sometimes. Not a huge problem. Maybe I'll try removing the unused home screen apps and see what that does.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones