1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Phone keeps losing its default "Home" setting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pizzachef, Apr 3, 2010.

1. pizzachef

pizzachef Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    New Cumberland, PA
    I use dxTop as a home screen replacement, but also have Open Home, and GDE installed as well. Every now and then, maybe once every other day?, when I press Home, it asks me which home screen app to use. I always click on the one I want (dxTop) and check the box that says use as default. It remembers it for a while, but it'll forget again.

Anyone else having the same problem?
    Its more of an annoyance than a problem, but still, I wish it would remember.

Advertisement

2. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie

Nov 4, 2009
    Sales
    The Sea of Tranquility
    I've had the same issue with every home replacement I've tried and one of the reasons I gave up using them. The only thing I wanted out of them was a couple of additional screens. I decided to live with 3 and wait for 2.1.

3. tbag1122

tbag1122 Active Member

Dec 5, 2009
    shift lead
    wisconsin
    Do you have a task killer on your phone. Maybe you're killing the process once in a while or maybe it has auto kill. I would exclude the home replacements that would probably help.

I think if you update your home replacements it may take off the default.

Other than those 2 things I'm not really sure what else could be causing your annoyance. I use dxtop also and haven't really had a problem with that, maybe once or twice it's done that.

4. pizzachef

pizzachef Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    New Cumberland, PA
    I've got no task killers running. And it does loose the default setting whenever there's an update to one of the home replacements, but I expect that to happen. I haven't figured out a repeatable action to cause this, but its occasional enough to just be a bother sometimes. Not a huge problem. Maybe I'll try removing the unused home screen apps and see what that does.