• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

phone keeps saying "droid"

As others have said it is the phone notifying you about something. The Droid sound is the default for all notifications, I think (don't quote me on that). I know that it was so on my droid. Most programs that include notifications have the ability to have a sound attached to them, either from the system library or from an outside source either imported or created by you. Personally I went through most of my programs that have notifications and assigned each program (and in some cases each account), different sounds. It took a while to remember which was which, but now when a specific sound rings, I know which program and/or account it is and whether i want to check it right away or not.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones