• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone no longer vibrates after force 2.2

Mr.Strike

Lurker
Dec 30, 2009
The title says it all. I force updated my Droid 1 to 2.2 and the phone does not vibrate for notifications or calls. I have vibrate set to always and the ringer is turned on. If I use the volume rocker to change the settings to silent it will give the vibrate notification to indicate that it is in silent. I have done a factory reset on the phone but the issue remains. I have tried all of the different vibrate settings but still nothing. Any ideas?

The title says it all. I force updated my Droid 1 to 2.2 and the phone does not vibrate for notifications or calls. I have vibrate set to always and the ringer is turned on. If I use the volume rocker to change the settings to silent it will give the vibrate notification to indicate that it is in silent. I have done a factory reset on the phone but the issue remains. I have tried all of the different vibrate settings but still nothing. Any ideas?

See if my post here helps. My vibrate appears to work as it did in 2.1 when using the ringer toggle widget. Granted I've only confirmed this with text notifications, haven't received a call yet in vibrate or silent mode with 2.2.

Click here

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones