• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone only working w/ wrong battery!

Voxymama

Lurker
Sep 23, 2012
I purchased a refurbished Boost LG Marquee from an EBay store. Upon receiving it the other day I proceeded to set it up. When I put the battery (which was a Chinese one, not an LG) into it and plugged the charger in there was nothing. No signs that it was even connected to a power source. Upon removal of the battery the phone lit up and a sign appeared on the screen with a battery and a red triangle with a ! inside. That's how I knew the phone was responsive. Out of
curiosity I tried one of my daughter's old LG batteries (one that belonged to a Rumor 2-not even a smartphone) and even though it was clearly too small, when I lined up the pins the phone worked! My husband brought home a brand new LG battery from a Boost store and even with it plugged into the charger overnight the phone STILL didn't power on. I just ended my contract with Verizon and ported my number over, so now I'm really screwed if I can't get this phone to work properly. Has anyone had an issue like this before? Can anyone explain how this phone could be operating perfectly with the wrong battery but be unresponsive with 2 of the right batteries?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones