• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone Power Button Issues

x2c

Lurker
Jul 9, 2013
Currently when I start up my Lucid, it works fine until either the screen times out or I try to turn the screen off via the power button. If the screen display turns off after a certain time, if I try to turn the screen on by tapping the power button, the phone boots up again. If I tap the power button to turn the display off (while the phone is on), the phone reboots. I've noticed some display glitches when the phone boots as well. I'm not sure what would be causing this issue other than the power button sticking, or maybe memory issues. As far as I know, there were no recent apps that were installed or software updates that changed anything. I did do a factory reset, but nothing changed. I had to do the reset from the menu as the recovery menu disappears as soon as it shows up (by holding down vol down + power from boot). Would rooting and installing a custom ROM maybe fix the issue? Any help would be appreciated.

Currently when I start up my Lucid, it works fine until either the screen times out or I try to turn the screen off via the power button. If the screen display turns off after a certain time, if I try to turn the screen on by tapping the power button, the phone boots up again. If I tap the power button to turn the display off (while the phone is on), the phone reboots. I've noticed some display glitches when the phone boots as well. I'm not sure what would be causing this issue other than the power button sticking, or maybe memory issues. As far as I know, there were no recent apps that were installed or software updates that changed anything. I did do a factory reset, but nothing changed. I had to do the reset from the menu as the recovery menu disappears as soon as it shows up (by holding down vol down + power from boot). Would rooting and installing a custom ROM maybe fix the issue? Any help would be appreciated.

I'd say try reflashing the phone.
Use this guide: http://androidforums.com/lucid-all-things-root/654009-guide-unbrick-lg-lucid.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones