• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone rebooting by itsself & Call quality question!

D

Deleted User

I have had my phone over 28 days now so i can't exchange it or anything I just want to know if the following is normal...

My Galaxy S2 reboots itsself from time to time, i have had it about a month and it has done it about 4 times in that time, does anyone else get this and why might it be happening?

Also everyone I speak to on the phone says they can hear an echo on the line, I have tried this by calling my phone from my landline and there is an echo, when i say something loudly, it gets repeated back :/ - i was thinking it may be because of my case (Casemate Gelli) but would that be possible? It's also worse when the call volume is turned up higher.

Any ideas? thanks!

I also have a Samsung Galaxy S2
With the firmware 2.3.3 there was never any problems what so ever but the rebooting error came with 2.3.4 and continued to be there on 2.3.5 which i have recently upgraded to.
This is VERY and EXTREMELY annoying, since when the phone reboots and you do not notice this, it expects the phone owner to punch in the SIM code thus making you unavailable to callers until you notice that the phone has rebooted.

This is really some of those problems that Samsung should address ASAP.

Present i have looked for a solution but do not have any but i'm convinced that the fault lies in the firmware.

Upvote 0
I also have a Samsung Galaxy S2
With the firmware 2.3.3 there was never any problems what so ever but the rebooting error came with 2.3.4 and continued to be there on 2.3.5 which i have recently upgraded to.
This is VERY and EXTREMELY annoying, since when the phone reboots and you do not notice this, it expects the phone owner to punch in the SIM code thus making you unavailable to callers until you notice that the phone has rebooted.

This is really some of those problems that Samsung should address ASAP.

Present i have looked for a solution but do not have any but i'm convinced that the fault lies in the firmware.

I found out, that after af factory reset, the problems are now long gone. Download MyBackup Pro from Market and install it. Now take backup of all options. Save to SD card.
Now do a factory reset. When done, download MyBackup again fro market. Install it and restore your apps and settings. You must confirm each app that is being restored. Make sure you also backup you contacts on your SIM card before doing a factory reset. Later you can copy those contacts back from your backup to the SIM card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones