• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone reception and quality

puckoach

Lurker
Jun 30, 2010
I posted this thread in July, and got some responses. My concern is the quality of phone reception

Have tried a few head sets, not to good either. Is there a fix ? Is it just my handset ? OR, is it just bad.

I live in a marginal spot to begin with, so quality while in the car is essential.

Have done the battery tricks, got the task killer, so that's not a problem.
Found, and did the convert to the 4G antenna set up, which did help a little.

Brought it into tech support, and he did some "stuff" at end of July. But, as a phone, it still suxs.

Pulled out an 5 year old Motorola handset yesterday, and it's showing 2 bars, My 3 year old Treo shows 1 bar, while Inc has none.

Internet is of course awesome, and I'm content with that as is. (Except for the Weather channel being the only weather radar map I can get to animate).

I'm a hockey coach, not a computer guy. The info, and stuff on this forum is just too much for me.

Will 2.2 help, or hurt me ?

Is there another "phone" fix ?

Please, if your phone part works well, post it. If not, post it.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones