• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone recognizes SD card, but can't access it?

JP_GXP

Sep 18, 2010
Worked fine yesterday, today I connected to my laptop, and disconnected properly like always, and I can't view my external through my phone. Shows it in Settings, I just can't access it through file explorers. Ideas?

If it helps I've been running CM7 for a little over a week.

Worked fine yesterday, today I connected to my laptop, and disconnected properly like always, and I can't view my external through my phone. Shows it in Settings, I just can't access it through file explorers. Ideas?

If it helps I've been running CM7 for a little over a week.

I assume you have rebooted the phone? if not do that first; if that does not help then we need to reformat the external sd card, i had a similar problem with my sd card unmounting or corrupting, the solution i found that worked for me was to do a complete format of the sd card using fat32 and the 32k sectors, do not do the quick format and do this with the sd removed from the phone and plunged direct into the pc, after i did this i have not had an issue since.

Reactions: JP_GXP
Upvote 0
Wow -- you were able to access the external SD card through your computer? I didn't think that was possible, so after reading your message, it dawned on me: the micro-SD card must appear to the computer as another disk drive. Voila.

THANKS!

How do you get your phone to access the drives?

In "My computer", I only see the 2 drives, but I can't access them or see how much space is on them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones