• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone Respons Slow to Unlock Key?

MileHighLax

Lurker
Aug 19, 2012
My EPic 4g Touch is very slow to responding when I press the Unlock key on the right side.

Say my phone is in my pocket for a while, I go want to check the time, or just unlock my phone, once the press the unlock button, I sometimes have to wait up to 2-3 seconds for the screen to appear, I just switched from my Iphone because I had and android before the iphone, and I wanted to come back because I liked android more :p

This is irritating because the Iphone, and my previous phones were instant, not even 1/4 of a second delay.

I also notice the phone is very slow to wake the screen up when say Im finished talking with someone on a call, I take the phone away from my ear, and when the screen should pop up, it can take like 3 seconds.

So basically my phone is very slow to turning the screen on, anyone have any solutions? I've tried having tons of free memory, rooted/unrooted. Even tried boosting my CPU speed when rooted. Nothing is working.

Have you tried a factory reset? Also, are you on ICS? I don't have these problems with mine, everything works jsut fine, but others have complained that ICS has made the response time on their phone noticably slower. The factory reset seems to help. Of course, you could always revert it back to GB as well if you feel that is a better solution.

I have tried:
-Factory Reset
-Unrooted
-Rooted
-SetCPU CPU Changes

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones