• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

jdaniels

Lurker
Apr 9, 2012
Is it just me, or does the Precedent lag down sometimes, slow to respond, etc.? I can do a reboot and fix it, but it's annoying to have to do it every so often. Only one app will be running, and sometimes it's just the messaging, and all of a sudden it gets unresponsive, then tries to catch up. Messaging sometimes gets a half black screen for 30 seconds, etc. It's just little things, but I was wondering if there's anything I can do to eliminate these problems? It's irritating, because then if I want to play a game like draw something, it really freezes and takes forever to unfreeze, and of course, slow responding touch screen during a text kinda sucks.

Welcome to the forums, jdaniels.

Often it's the auto-syncing apps/widgets which slow a device down and also cause quicker battery drain. Setting those to sync on-demand, manually rather than running in the background along with their associated services can really put the snap back in Android phones and tabs.

Weather/News, Gmail, Facebook, etc.. all of it. ;) Then reboot and see the difference.

Upvote 0
http://androidarea51.com/cyanogenmo...sd-and-vm-heap-your-device-with-wifi-teather/

Do this without the overclock. The added ram will do more for speed than the overclock and cost u less battery and heat
Secondly use cpu controle and use the profiles. Make screen off and phone state 480mhz. After that make sure u keep it all on preformace in cyogen mod or if on arearom [u can switch cyogenmod to arearom in the instructions] use an overclocked kernel and same profiles with charging at 800 and the main on default maxed out.

Afterthat task killer pro will let u ignore apps like superus3 and the launcher and autokill everything else up to every miniut. Restore ur open ram

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones