• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone stopped vibrating after a hard reset. HELP.

emilynsams

Lurker
Sep 23, 2011
Okay so I've had my Xperia Play for a few months now and I've never had a problem. Three days ago it wouldn't let me text my friend, only him, I could call him, but not text him. So I finally took it to Verizon today. They hard reset my phone. It fixed the previous problem but now I have another one. My phone no longer vibrates when I get any sort of notification. It will when I receive a phone call or unlock the screen but that's it. I downloaded an app called Handcent and it vibrates with it. The only problem with that is it drains your battery fast and I have to text through it, not through my actual messages.
I've tried taking the battery out for 20 seconds and a soft reset. I'm hesitant about doing another hard reset considering it messed something up the first time.
If anyone has any ideas on how to fix it, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much!
Emily

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones