• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone stuck in boot loop

elfrost

Lurker
Dec 21, 2021
Good day. I tried rooting my phone with magisk and fastboot but after flashing the patched image and trying to reboot, phone has been stuck in a boot loop with a text saying "Orange state: Phone can't be trusted. Will boot in 5s" but the phone never boots. It just goes back to reboot. I can't power it off as it is in-built battery and I can't enter recovery mode with any of the keyboard combinations. Anyone know how to fix this, please help.

What device do you have? The "orange state" message sounds like a warning for an unlocked bootloader or potentially from the modified boot.img.

As for powering off the device, generally you can simulate a battery pull by holding the power button for approximately 10 seconds.

My device is a Tecno Spark 3 Pro (KB8)
Yeah, I unlocked the bootloader using fastboot but the power button action to switch off the phone doesn't work. It keeps on trying to reboot over and over again till the battery dies. Immediately I plug in my charger, it begins attempting to reboot. Trying to use Volume Up or Down to boot into recovery mode doesn't work either

Upvote 0
My device is a Tecno Spark 3 Pro (KB8). Immediately I plug in my charger, it begins attempting to reboot. Trying to use Volume Up or Down to boot into recovery mode doesn't work either

You probably also need to be holding the power button while pressing volume up or volume down to enter the bootloader or recovery mode. If holding the power button for 10-15 seconds doesn't power off the device, try holding the button combination through a reboot. So keep holding volume down and power or whatever your key combination is, while you're watching the phone try to boot. Continue to hold it when the phone cycles to the reboot and see if it will trigger for you.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones