• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone thinks it is on charge but it's not.

steslatt

Android Expert
Jul 20, 2010
Manchester
This morning I uplugged my phone from an overnight charge. After a few minutes i noticed the screen kept lighting up and the charging icon was flashing. I rebooted the phone and it was still doing the same thing.
I tried plugging and unplugging the charger to see if that made any difference but it didnt.
I switched the phone off for a while (I noticed that the chaging animation was on and also a battery icon with a temperature gauge was showing).
I then removed the battery, waited for a while the replaced it. It was still doing the same thing so I removed the battery again and cleaned the usb port with a dry toothbrush. When I switched the phone back on iot seemed fine for a while.
When I got to work it started doing it again. So I wiped everything and re flashed a stock rom. Since then it has been ok. I'm going to see how it is over weekend and if it persists I will send it back.
I know people have had problems with the usb port before where the phone goes into MTP mode and also driving mode on and off but has anyone had my problem before???

I've read similar on XDA and i'd say it's down to a custom ROM/Kernel/Mod, especially if you're getting battery over heating icon.
Although my phone went into usb mode when it was plugged into charger this morning on stock lol

Well its been fine since i've been on stock so i'm guessing it was a software/kernel problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones