• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help phone turning off

hi all firstly apologies if i have posted in the wrong place only just joined. i purchased a galaxy s2 a week ago (supposedly brand new) and for the last 3 days the phone has suddenly shut down even with 37% battery life remaining, if i take out the battery and put it back again it works fine. can anyone shed any light on this as i love the phone and i'm going to have a struggle to get my money back as i bought from e bay ( i know probably a stupid move) the phone came with everything ,protective stickers etc and looks brand new, has anyone had a similar problem ? any help greatly appreciated. cheers

hi all firstly apologies if i have posted in the wrong place only just joined. i purchased a galaxy s2 a week ago (supposedly brand new) and for the last 3 days the phone has suddenly shut down even with 37% battery life remaining, if i take out the battery and put it back again it works fine. can anyone shed any light on this as i love the phone and i'm going to have a struggle to get my money back as i bought from e bay ( i know probably a stupid move) the phone came with everything ,protective stickers etc and looks brand new, has anyone had a similar problem ? any help greatly appreciated. cheers

Hello and welcome to the forums, holdinfoldin. Check the little water damage sticker (red and white) in the battery compartment. Also, it it's working after a battery pull, I'm wondering if the battery itself is defective, or if the charging cable is damaged.

Lots of possibilities. I'd be inclined to fight for a new replacement.

Reactions: holdinfoldin
Upvote 0
hi there i just looked in the battery compartment and there isn't any sticker what does this mean ?

There will be a little red square in the upper right corner of the compartment if it's been water damaged:

a4.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones