1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support phone turning off

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by holdinfoldin, Feb 1, 2013.

1. holdinfoldin

holdinfoldin New Member

Feb 1, 2013
    hi all firstly apologies if i have posted in the wrong place only just joined. i purchased a galaxy s2 a week ago (supposedly brand new) and for the last 3 days the phone has suddenly shut down even with 37% battery life remaining, if i take out the battery and put it back again it works fine. can anyone shed any light on this as i love the phone and i'm going to have a struggle to get my money back as i bought from e bay ( i know probably a stupid move) the phone came with everything ,protective stickers etc and looks brand new, has anyone had a similar problem ? any help greatly appreciated. cheers

Advertisement

2. Hello and welcome to the forums, holdinfoldin. Check the little water damage sticker (red and white) in the battery compartment. Also, it it's working after a battery pull, I'm wondering if the battery itself is defective, or if the charging cable is damaged.

Lots of possibilities. I'd be inclined to fight for a new replacement.

holdinfoldin likes this.
  3. holdinfoldin

holdinfoldin New Member

Feb 1, 2013
    hi there i just looked in the battery compartment and there isn't any sticker what does this mean ?

4. There will be a little red square in the upper right corner of the compartment if it's been water damaged:

[​IMG]