• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone turns off after 30%, despite new battery

1. Hello!
    I'm using the Samsung Galaxy J5, I bought it almost 2 years ago, recently my old battery had bloated, was quickly discharging(especially at low battery) and the phone started clicking randomly, sometimes even making a static noise and then powering off when the battery was around 30%. So I changed the battery to a new one, it definitely takes longer to discharge, albeit not as it was when I first bought, but it takes pretty long to charge, when it reached 8% it shut down(no random clicking or noise this time), next time it shut down at 30%(also no random clicking or noise). Could this be a problem with any other hardware or software on my phone, or have they just given me an old battery at the store, which seems unlikely since they gave a guarantee). All help is appreciated, thank you in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones