• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Phone Turns Off By Itself...

Hey, gang. Starting about 2-3 weeks ago, my phone began shutting down in the middle of internet use, checking e-mail, and at other random times. After the unit shuts off, the word "Samsung" appears on the screen for several seconds, after which the phone will not turn on.
The only way to allow the phone to turn on again is to plug it into a charger. When plugged into a charger, it powers up normally, but the display reflects that the battery is anywhere from 60-75%, which is confusing.
As an additional piece of information to help some of you all to hopefully help me out, recently, when the blue "charged" light comes on, I'll take it off of the charger and make a note as to the level of battery charge. Sometimes it is as low as 80-85%, despite the blue light.
If some of y'all can help me with this situation, I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

sp91546

Try going into Clockwork Mod Recovery, go into "advanced" settings, & "Wipe Battery Stats". I run into that problem every once in a while. The Battery finishes charging, & still shows that it's at a lower number. You're not alone with that problem. I would try wiping battery stats first then if not, get a new Battery. Some people have had success with just buying a new one. Good Luck!!

Upvote 0
Try going into Dear Mod Recovery, go into "advanced" settings, & "Wipe Battery Stats". I run into that problem every once in a while. The Battery finishes charging, & still shows that it's at a lower number. You're not alone with that problem. I would try wiping battery stats first then if not, get a new Battery. Some people have had success with just buying a new one. Good Luck!!

Dear vmed, I installed the program that you described (I think), and it states that basically it's only compatible with the Epic and the Galaxy, and that it's not compatible with the Transform Ultra. Any suggestions?
Thanks for your help.

Regards,

sp91546

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Dear vmed, thanks for the info. The vast majority of it is way over my head, but I'll try not to screw things up.
Several brief questions before I continue:

1. Am I taking the CWM or the Odin route?
2. Which bottons on the Ultra do I press simultaneously to do a reboot?

Thanks for yor help.

Regards,

sp91546
Odin would be the way to go. I was just wondering. Is your phone completely stock? Is it rooted? What version are you running 2.3.4 or 2.3.6? If your not Rooted, are you comfortable with taking a risk of Bricking your phone, for this particular problem? Some people have Bricked their phones while trying so Beware! I only had to Root once and that was maybe two years ago. CWM for this phone was updated almost a year and a half ago. So its been a while & I wouldn't be comfortable explaining all the steps. I would try a New Battery before anything, just because it's the easiest and safest thing to try above everything else. I know of quite a few people that have had Problems with this phone and it turned out to be the Battery! Some needed Batteries even before a year! But I can direct you to Transform Ultra - All Things Root - Android Forums
Someone there would be better at pointing you in the right direction. I'm not really involved with this phone anymore to give you a lot of insight, so sorry about that.

I can also give you a couple more links that might help you figure things out. Read up on everything to be safe! Good Luck!!

http://androidforums.com/transform-ultra-all-things-root/807380-rooting-cwm-failing.html

http://androidforums.com/transform-...nt-ff27-update-rooted-final-ver-8-1-12-a.html

http://androidforums.com/transform-...-things-root-guide-updated-13-oct-2012-a.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones