1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Phone won't reconnect to network

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Fohshizzle, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Fohshizzle

Fohshizzle New Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Hi, I have had my Samsung Galaxy for over 2 weeks now, and I keep having the problem where my phone would lose reception and it would take forever to reconnect or in some cases not reconnect at all. I have to turn the phone off and on again to get it to pick up the network again. Is there a way to solve this problem?

Advertisement

2. weasel

weasel Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Nuclear Operator (no shit !!)
    Renfrew, ON
    This happens to a few people on occasion. Where I am, if I turn on my phone and I am in an area of little/no reception it can take quite a while before I get service ( if at all ). A re-boot in a higher reception area solves the problem instantly for me.

Who's your provider and what firmware are you running ?

3. Fohshizzle

Fohshizzle New Member

Oct 22, 2010
    My provider is Bell and I'm currently running 1.5 (the default from when I bought the phone)

4. weasel

weasel Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Renfrew, ON
    Well there you go. Spotty reception areas will certainly cause ( or help to cause ) the issues you have had. More than one Bell user has had that problem. Mine is not so bad. I'd say about once a month I have a random drop-off even in a high reception area. I wonder how long it will be before you start upgrading the firmware ...

5. Fohshizzle

Fohshizzle New Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Lol I have considered upgrading the firmware, but would that solve a reception issue? I am afraid to try to upgrade my firmware for fear I will "break" my phone lol. I am not very familiar with the process.

6. weasel

weasel Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Renfrew, ON
    Maybe I have been just lucky, but I have had next to no reception problems since upgrading. Don't worry about breaking your phone. The original firmware is around here and so is some really good instructions for firmware upgrades. Intimidating at first, but once you do it, its really easier than it looks.