• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Phone's People list not rememebering all my settings

Kaotik

Lurker
Jun 22, 2010
Another issue, in addition to my other one ( http://androidforums.com/htc-desire/106176-issue-facebook-directory-facebook-htc-sense.html )

In the People list, the phone doesn't remember some of the settings I've put for people.

As in, for those that I have linked with their Facebook accounts, only few show the name taken from their Facebook profile instead of all.

It's allways the same people it forgets, no matter how many times I enter the contact and choose the name from Facebook for it - the accounts stay always linked perfectly, and it started remember the setting on couple it had forgotten earlier, but still the many same ones just forget it

Here's example of what happened (made up names)
Names:
Phone: Jane, Facebook: Jane Doe
Phone: John, Facebook: John Doe
Phone: Joe, Facebook: Joe Sixpack
Phone: Fred, Facebook: Fred Bloggs

The way I set them up to show in People:
Fred Bloggs
Jane Doe
Joe Sixpack
John Doe

The way the actually show up after a minute or two of phone idling:
Fred
Jane
Joe
John Doe

After re-setuping the missing ones, couple minutes idling:
Fred Bloggs
Jane
Joe
John Doe

--

So it starts remembering one or few after I've re-setuped them to show the facebook name again, but it still resets to showing only the phone contact's name on some of them, no matter how many times I re-setup them to show facebook name instead

Any known fixes for this?

Yes, this is the same problem I have, but it is images (perhaps names too but theyre the same for me so its hard to tell.)

For the same handful of contacts, i select facebook as their image and after a while, it goes back to google. I have found nothing different in these contacts to the ones that dont change back.

This problem has affected me since day 1 and as yet, I have found no fix.

Upvote 0
I just noticed, that it forgets other settings too
I clicked Menu > View > Only contacts with phone number and then enabled Facebook too, it forgot the Facebook tick already at least once.

edit:
Oh, and on mine, it doesn't forget images, just which name it's supposed to show

Sounds like same issue, but a different aspect of the app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones