• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Photo recovery after factory reset

OK bare with me here.... I'm a newbie haha.
So I desperately need help! I accidentally did a factory reset on my galaxy s6... And thus have lost the last two years worth of photos and videos of my son. (yes yes I should have done the cloud thing but I am really shit with technology!)

OK, so I see online that there's a lot of options for recovery, but it's doing my head in, because as I said, I'm shit with technology. And I don't want to make the problem worse. If that's possible!
Can someone please tell me what is the best way to recover my photos and videos. There's all this stuff about having to root the phone etc but I don't know if that's the best idea in this particular situation or what. So I'm not touching the phone until someone gives me some definitive answers!
I don't have a pc but could possibly get to one on the next few days if really need be.

Probably a silly question but are there shops that help with this sort of thing? Like the tech shops or something?
Any info please let me know as I don't know what info is required.
I'm absolutely panicking so any help would be so much appreciated

It does sound like the situation does not bode well for you to be able to restore your lost photos and videos. That said, from this point onward take active steps to NOT let this happen to you again. Install the Google Photos app, delve into its Settings menu to set things up to you liking, and then just let it work for you.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.photos&hl=en_US
There's a Backup & sync function that runs in the background, automatically backing up your image media into your online Google account. If something should happen to your phone or whatever, that online backup will still allow you to access your photos and videos by going to:
https://photos.google.com

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones