• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Photos sometimes not working on the Idol 3

Strontium_99

Aug 22, 2013
UK
My daughter has recently brought a Alcatel Idol 3 phone running Android Lollipop 5.0.2.

She has put a 32 gig SD card in and changed her preferred storage and install to the SD card. She is getting an odd thing happening. Photos she take on the phone sometimes work and sometimes just come out as a solid grey or black block.

We have tried factory defaulting the phone, but it's still the same. Can't seem to find a pattern in when this happens.

Has anybody else had this problem?
If not, what would it indicate? Fault with the phone or SD card.

Sorry it's a bit of a nebulous question, but I'm clutching at strews here because as we all know, mobile phones are the centre of every young girls lives :)

Thanks.

My daughter has recently brought a Alcatel Idol 3 phone running Android Lollipop 5.0.2.

She has put a 32 gig SD card in and changed her preferred storage and install to the SD card. She is getting an odd thing happening. Photos she take on the phone sometimes work and sometimes just come out as a solid grey or black block.

We have tried factory defaulting the phone, but it's still the same. Can't seem to find a pattern in when this happens.

Has anybody else had this problem?
If not, what would it indicate? Fault with the phone or SD card.

Sorry it's a bit of a nebulous question, but I'm clutching at strews here because as we all know, mobile phones are the centre of every young girls lives :)

Thanks.
Just a couple of questions,
Has she modified the ROM at all?
Is this the 4.7 or 5.5"
Have you tried alternative camera or gallery apps
Have you got the model code? (For example, mine is a 4.7" and therefore has the code 6039 and its european/British meaning it has a y on the end - 6039y)
Some of the idols have different camera sensors so there may be a bug with your particular one.
Finally, has she installed any updates on the device

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones