• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Picked up a like new Iconia a100

Haven't had an android device in a while. Found one for 150 on amazon.

I love playing with the one in stores, its just seems like its packed full of features, good specs, and a damn good price.

My old nook color was rooted and overclocked, Hoping to do the same to the iconia, after much reading here and xda.

The forums here arent as active as other android tablets, surprising given the price and specs, why isnt it that popular?

Now I just have to play the waiting game...

I would be careful with doing too much on the A100 till they get things sorted out. I rooted mine and was ready to unlock bootloader and and Put On a recovery. But I keep reading about the Emmc error where the tablet is dead as in return to have it fixed dead. I dont think it is necessarily anything wrong with the method of tweaking the tablet as maybe a weakness on the tablet that cant handle this kind of tweaking. I may be totally wrong here but by how many i see dead Im waiting for it gets ironed out. with that being said I am glad to have it rooted at least.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones