• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

picrures from sd card back to phone galaxy s4

A

Android Question

okay well i put my pictures on my sd card thinking everything will be the same. well it put all my camera pictures into a folder and now i cant find my pictures because their in random order,so heres my question can i put my pictures that are in my sd card back into my phone (internal storage) in the order it was orginally in?!?!

No, you'll start with the order they're in now, and that will be changed depending on what you use to put them into the phone.

Or you can sort them by modification date (which includes the time) and they'll be in the order in which they were taken.

The order in which you see files with a file manipulation program isn't the order in which they sit in the storage medium, they're the order in which the program is set to display them. It's just that either the app you used to look at them when they were in the phone is set to a different sort order than the app you're looking at them with now, or it's the same app, but it's set to display them in the order in which they sit in storage, which is never going to be the same order when they get moved to a different location.

(And if you're going to fool around with photography, I suggest that you install a free [or paid, your choice] EXIF editor, so you can see the date, location, etc., information stored internally with the picture.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones