• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Picture storage issues

Curious as to why when I mount my Evo 3D as a disk drive to copy pictures to a folder on my computer, I get duplicate and sometimes triple of the same pictures to download. Every picture has a full size version and a mini version of the same picture. Also, it seems that images from a web browser get stored as well. How do I turn this OFF?!?! Very annoying!!

Thanks in advance!

Curious as to why when I mount my Evo 3D as a disk drive to copy pictures to a folder on my computer, I get duplicate and sometimes triple of the same pictures to download. Every picture has a full size version and a mini version of the same picture. Also, it seems that images from a web browser get stored as well. How do I turn this OFF?!?! Very annoying!!

Thanks in advance!
when you look in your gallery are there duplicates of these pictures? what os are you running on your computer? there may be a setting there, i have not found this issue

Upvote 0
when you look in your gallery are there duplicates of these pictures? what os are you running on your computer? there may be a setting there, i have not found this issue

Nope...no duplicates in the gallery. Windows XP from both work & home.

I just looked in my gallery and I have a combination of pics & videos (4 videos actually) totaling to 126 images. However when I choose to "Copy pictures to a folder on my computer using Microsoft Scanner and Camera Wizard", there's 830 images!!

Upvote 0
what happens if you just copy and past without using the Microsoft program?

Hmmm....how do I copy & paste from the phone to a file on the cpu?

Still leads to me to the question of how do those images from a browser get there? For instance I must have been on ESPN or something because I had the helmet logo of about every team as an individual image. Weird....:thinking:

Upvote 0
just go to the drive on your computer and open up the drive and cut or copy and paste the files to wherever you need to. there is no need to use any app to copy anything from your handset when its mounted to your computer machine.

as for the other photos, what browser are you using? its possible you are seeing your cache.

i have a download folder on the SD card. i get a daily e-mail form the company intranet on the exchange account i use and all of the graphics, icons from that email are stored in this folder. i dont mind this, however, if i needed to prevent this i just turn off auto download of attachments and that does that. so its possible you are looking at a folder thats sort of a cache.

if you are using the microsoft app, its going to scan all your folders for photos. dont use it.. just copy and paste.

Reactions: scubahsteve1969
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones