• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pictures duplicating

CYNICAL

Lurker
Aug 8, 2012
Ok, so im getting annoyed. I have Motorola Photon and I use Astro File mananger to keep my files orginized. My issue is when I transfer pictures from one place to the next it makes a duplicate of that picture in the gallery. So say I move a picture from Folder A to Folder B I will now have 2 identical pictures in my gallery. When I delete them from the gallery that picture gets deleted from my file folder in Astro. I want to keep my gallery clean and have all my pictures stored in Astro and not in the gallery. Is there anyway to delete the pictures from my gallery and have them saved only in Astro?

A period (".") in front of the folder (like .MyPics) won't show the folder as album in the gallery.
Make sure in Astro's settings an option like "show hidden files" is checked. So Astro sees your folder.

Without a manually media rescan the gallery will show (with Astro) deleted pics further.
Not sure that Astro has the option to do the rescan media for the gallery.
So you might use an app like SDRescan.

Harry

Upvote 0
A period (".") in front of the folder (like .MyPics) won't show the folder as album in the gallery.
Make sure in Astro's settings an option like "show hidden files" is checked. So Astro sees your folder.

Without a manually media rescan the gallery will show (with Astro) deleted pics further.
Not sure that Astro has the option to do the rescan media for the gallery.
So you might use an app like SDRescan.

Harry

Ok, so I went into astro manager and changed my folder name from CATS to .CATS and it disappeared and I can no longer find it lol.

I downloaded ReScan, but what exactly does it do. The description in the android store gives very little to no information.

Upvote 0
When the gallery has been opened, it should "see" when these media files are been copied, moved or deleted, but it doesn't, because it doesn't start a rescan for the phone's storage or SD card.

So one of this rescan tools from the Play Store have do this job.
And when the gallery starts, it'll find the actual situation with the media files.

Harry

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones