• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pictures for Contacts & Google Talk

elanning

Apr 30, 2009
Greetings,

I wanted to ask about the pictures attached to contacts. Basically why is it that a picture that I attach to a contact shows up properly when I am viewing my contacts on my G1, but when I switch to Google talk the picture no longer appears next to the persons name?

Second, does it make any difference what you put in for a contacts Google talk name? Like do you have to fully qualify it? or is username just as good as username@gmail.com

Thanks!

The pictures you choose for your contacts are seperate than the pictures for Google Talk. The Google Talk pictures are whatever picture is uploaded to their Gmail account by that user. So, if they don't have an image for their gmail, then you won't have one for google talk. At least, that's my understand.

Also, adding contacts to Google Talk should only consist of adding their gmail.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones