• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pixel phone?

Joshuah22a

Android Enthusiast
May 6, 2011
So I been activating note devices from tmob for a few years now 3,4,5 and unfortunately I won't be able to get the 7 over to metro..

Looks like I will be jumping on the pixel xl this year and I wanted to do the same thing the only problem is the only option to get a tmobile unlocked version is directly through Google.. would I have any issues activating this device under metro? Thanks!

So I been activating note devices from tmob for a few years now 3,4,5 and unfortunately I won't be able to get the 7 over to metro..

Looks like I will be jumping on the pixel xl this year and I wanted to do the same thing the only problem is the only option to get a tmobile unlocked version is directly through Google.. would I have any issues activating this device under metro? Thanks!
Absolutely not. I'm running the Nexus 5X in Metro right now and have no issues. Since the Pixel is fully unlocked to any carrier, it'll also fully work on MetroPCS since they are part of T-Mobile.

Edit: I'll add to say "absolutely not" as in you'll have no problems running it on MetroPCS. I got to re-reading what I typed and it might have been a little confusing. [emoji2]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones