• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Plain "wallpaper"

It doesn't even have to be that size if you don't want. If you just cover your camera lens and take a picture, you can set it as your background. Or search for black wallpaper and save an image to your phone. Since it's all black, the phone will just tell you to crop it to the right aspect ratio, the size doesn't matter.

Upvote 0
Create a new jpg image with a size of 960x854. Paint all the pixels black (you can do this with Microsoft Paint). Save it to your phone. Select it as your wallpaper.
I'd seen other wallpaper creation hints on creating an image of that size but didn't think of making a black image. It **seems** that "no image" wold be computationally better than a "black image", but this will do; THANKS. Aside, why a 960x854. I guess that as I go across my 7 views, I'm doing a part of the 960 each time ... but 7 is not a factor of 960. Time to play ...

Upvote 0
I'd seen other wallpaper creation hints on creating an image of that size but didn't think of making a black image. It **seems** that "no image" wold be computationally better than a "black image", but this will do; THANKS. Aside, why a 960x854. I guess that as I go across my 7 views, I'm doing a part of the 960 each time ... but 7 is not a factor of 960. Time to play ...

Don't worry about the size. Just make a big, black image. 1000x1000. 2000x2000. Whatever.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones