• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Play audio through blue tooth headset without turning off main speaker.

A

Android Question

I have a Rockchip mini pc (Google TV) model rk30mtk.

Android software 4.2.2 vendor version rk3066_R-BOX_ANDROID4.4.4-SDK_V1.0.0_130308

My question is there any way to keep the main audio from turning off when I connect a Bluetooth headset to it. I am hearing impaired and I would like the headset to help me hear while keeping the volume in the room to normal levels for others. I have searched through countless apps and forums looking for a fix if there is one this should be the place I hope

There's a solution to that problem, but it may not work for you. Many TVs do not mute the audio when you plug in a headset. Either plug in an RCA hearng impaired headset (Radio Shack sells them) or plug in something like a Jabra A-210 Bluetooth adapter so you can hear on your Bluetooth headset - while leaving the TV speakers on.

As I said, your TV may mut the speakers when you plug something into the earphone jack so this may not be a solution for you.

Another solution may be a "whole house TV" setup, Then the family can watch TCV on the TV set and you can watch on your phone.

As far as running both BT and speakers on the phone, I don't know of any solution. That doesn't mean that there is none.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones