• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Play DVDs through Nexus 7

You can use iSyncr or Doubletwist to sync your m4a files from itunes to nexus 7 for playback freely. For details, refer to a guide below:

http://www.androidauthority.com/sync-itunes-with-android-44248/

But for the downloaded digital copy, you also can sync them to your nexus 7 but you can't play them due to the DRM restriction. To get the digital copy work on nexus 7, you can refer to a guide below:

how to get DRM videos and Nexus 7 play nicely

Thanks for that about Chew Tune. I wouldn't recommend DoubleTwist unless it has seriously improved. It was slow as hell when I last tried it. Nothing wrong with dragging and dropping files for me.

Upvote 0
Pavtube is very quick at creating .mkv files but I use AnyDVD. There is an option for lifetime upgrades so you do get hit, but only once - rather than every year with ever-increasing license fees.

So, now I have my favourite DVDs in .ISO format which I use with my WDTV Live player.... I'm just waiting for an Android apps that will recognise and play them ... but it's proving to be a long wait! :(

On that basis you may prefer to convert to .MKV as these are more widely supported (I'd suggest using MoboPlayer - brilliant free player with h/w and s/w decoding supported) and they convert much more quickly.

HTH

Upvote 0
Get the xbmc beta. It can play isos just like it is a DVD with menus and everything. Also works great on my sgs3

Wow! - what can I say - bloody amazing!!

I have found only an odd few DVDs that do not work, but it plays my US and Canadian DVDs as well as my UK ones. It handles my Bamboo Blade Japanese Manga DVDs with and without subtitles, Japanese and English language flawlessly!.

Right now I am loading my FLAC library (stored on an external HD connected to my WDTV Live) as a test. This should give it a good thrashing as there are over 10,000 songs :). It played individual songs fine.

I am VERY impressed - thank you so much!!

For anyone else wanting to test this - you need to go to the xmbc.org website and download the Android APK from there.

What a great start to 2013!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones