• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Play Store error: rpc:s-7:AEC-0

I think I have figured it out. The issue is with the card/bank. I had tried to add this card issued by a privet bank to my paypal account but I found that the card was not applicale to paypal transactions. I added another card issued by a nationalized bank and it worked. I did the same on Google Play and the second card was accepted.

So, try a different card :)

Reactions: tanya arora
Upvote 0
I was wondering if this has been resolved, as i'm having the same issue right now.
Last month i bought some apps without problems.
Each time after i purchased an app i removed my creditcard in google wallet, just out of safety. Now this morning i wanted to add my creditcard again to buy an app, but this time i get the same error message.
I thought maybe i could add it on my computer, but that gave me the message, invalid credit card. Double checked everything.

Very frustrating, hope someone knows more about this.

Upvote 0
Hey guys
I was gonna download an app at my phone ( S III mini) the app was minecraft PE and the error your talking about is error at mine too so please kinda help me
I have downloaded other paid apps but when i started downloading minecraft PE
It says error :mad:

I don't believe there is a real fix at the moment, sorry. You'll just have to persevere or try with another card.

Upvote 0
EDIT: I sort of figured out what the problem was! I had to call Google Play customer service and Google Wallet Customer service as well as my bank's customer service. Turns out that I had accidentally entered in the incorrect information on my debit card, then my bank declined anything from Google. Once I authorized the information with my bank, I went back into Google Play and the error didn't show up!

I'm having this exact same issue and it is extremely frustrating.

I can download free apps just fine but paid ones will not work. I was prompted to enter in my debit card information, and when I tapped "Submit" I got an error message that read, "Error retrieving information from server. [RPC:5-7:AEC-0]" I have tried two different debit cards on two different Google accounts. Nothing works. I've spent hours trying to find out how to just purchase something off of the Play Store, but there's nothing. No information anywhere.

Upvote 0
https://support.google.com/wallet/answer/1347934?hl=en

I think i found the problem:
"At this time, Google Wallet does not support devices purchased internationally. The eligible device list above only applies to devices purchased from the listed carriers next to them. For example, an unlocked Samsung Galaxy SIII purchased internationally will not work with Google Wallet."

Upvote 0
https://support.google.com/wallet/answer/1347934?hl=en

I think i found the problem:
"At this time, Google Wallet does not support devices purchased internationally. The eligible device list above only applies to devices purchased from the listed carriers next to them. For example, an unlocked Samsung Galaxy SIII purchased internationally will not work with Google Wallet."
It's actually quite idiotic that you can't buy any paid apps using Google Wallet if you have a phone that is not bought from the carrier itself. It's pretty much the same frickin' phone minus the carrier bloatware.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones