1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

play voice over bluetooth setting is gone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ian R W, Feb 23, 2022.

1. Ian R W

Ian R W Lurker

Many car radios will not play Map directions when the phone is connected. Mine is like that. I need to turn off "play voice over bluetooth" so that my Maps App will use my phone's speaker. I have an new Pixel Pro 6 and this setting was there until recently. Now it has disappeared and my phone tries to talk through my radio (only works during a phone call) and now I do not hear my map instructions anymore.

I guess this is Android or Google making change for the sake of changes. This is very annoying. Either I get to have my phone connected and not have map voice or I get map voice but my phone is disconnected.

Anyone know of solution?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

Do you only connect your phone to your car's stereo for phone calls and not for media?

If so, maybe disable the Media Audio profile to see if that helps. (Settings > Connected devices > gear icon next to your car stereo > Media Audio)

3. Ian R W

Ian R W Lurker

That worked. Thanks. I didn't have to go there in previous incarnations, in fact I had it working fine and and update broke it.

Dannydet, mikedt and ocnbrze like this.

Google Pixel 6 Forum

The Google Pixel 6 release date is 28 October. Features and Specs include a 6.4" inch screen, 50MP camera, 8GB RAM, Google Tensor processor, and 4614mAh battery.

28 October
Release Date
Reviews