• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Please Help] Corrupted Apk

Angel33333

Lurker
Oct 20, 2017
Hello guys Im really sorry for bothering you but I have a Problem . I copied that
Pool Live Pro 8 Ball 9 Ball_v2.6.5_apkpure.com.apk apk from a trusted website for apks- Apkpure to the internal storage of my nougat 7.1.1 Sony Xpreria XZ Premium. It shows as normal apk file when my phone is connected to the pc and i can delete the apk file with no problems from my computer but when i restart my phone and that apk file is still there. I cant replace it with file with the same name - it shows the device is not connected , but i can copy any other files than that apk. The apk shows 47 mb when connected to pc, but when i see it in ES Explorer, SD Maid or the built in file explorer it shows 0b size. I can delete it with SD MAID and ES Explorer and some third party apps but it reappears with the next restart or even not a restart - only when clearing the data of sd maid and enter sd maid again for example and its still there . with the built in xperia file explorer i dont even have the option to delete it -only to share and thats only for that file. I copied the apk from the pc to another place of the internal storage [second copy] but in a folder and when i try to delete that folder the system recreates that folder with some random number in the original name of the folder, when i try to delete it again it creates even more numbers in the name. The apk can be seen in certain file explorers - it cant be seen in File Commander which i use most often
Im Not rooted and i tried to -
1 move it in a folder and then delete the folder[unsuccesfull - does not allows me to move] or replace, rename it with other file with the same name[unsuccesfull], delete it even with third party file cleaners and with some it shows deleted succesfully and next time i enter its still there [system recreates it]
2 tried Applcation checker apps but they show data only for installed apps
3 cleaned system cache partition, scaned with avg in safe mode [no problems found]
4 deleting it with ADB rm command --[ it shows me theres no such directory] - the full path of the ghost apk is /storage/emulated/0/Pool Live Pro 8 Ball 9 Ball_v2.6.5_apkpure.com.apk

Thats the adress of the apk - just type in google Pool Live Pro 8 Apkpure and its the first result

PLEASE guys help me Im confused a lot how can i delete that apk and is it a virus or something - I dont want to factory reset because i have too much data .

Hello guys Im really sorry for bothering you but I have a Problem . I copied that
Pool Live Pro 8 Ball 9 Ball_v2.6.5_apkpure.com.apk apk from a trusted website for apks- Apkpure to the internal storage of my nougat 7.1.1 Sony Xpreria XZ Premium. It shows as normal apk file when my phone is connected to the pc and i can delete the apk file with no problems from my computer but when i restart my phone and that apk file is still there. I cant replace it with file with the same name - it shows the device is not connected , but i can copy any other files than that apk. The apk shows 47 mb when connected to pc, but when i see it in ES Explorer, SD Maid or the built in file explorer it shows 0b size. I can delete it with SD MAID and ES Explorer and some third party apps but it reappears with the next restart or even not a restart - only when clearing the data of sd maid and enter sd maid again for example and its still there . with the built in xperia file explorer i dont even have the option to delete it -only to share and thats only for that file. I copied the apk from the pc to another place of the internal storage [second copy] but in a folder and when i try to delete that folder the system recreates that folder with some random number in the original name of the folder, when i try to delete it again it creates even more numbers in the name. The apk can be seen in certain file explorers - it cant be seen in File Commander which i use most often
Im Not rooted and i tried to -
1 move it in a folder and then delete the folder[unsuccesfull - does not allows me to move] or replace, rename it with other file with the same name[unsuccesfull], delete it even with third party file cleaners and with some it shows deleted succesfully and next time i enter its still there [system recreates it]
2 tried Applcation checker apps but they show data only for installed apps
3 cleaned system cache partition, scaned with avg in safe mode [no problems found]
4 deleting it with ADB rm command --[ it shows me theres no such directory] - the full path of the ghost apk is /storage/emulated/0/Pool Live Pro 8 Ball 9 Ball_v2.6.5_apkpure.com.apk

Thats the adress of the apk - just type in google Pool Live Pro 8 Apkpure and its the first result

PLEASE guys help me Im confused a lot how can i delete that apk and is it a virus or something - I dont want to factory reset because i have too much data .

Ok, first of all delete all unessential file managers on your device. Then search for the APK in your stock file manager, Make sure to long press or how ever your stock file manager tick. Ok after removing the APK from your file manager, proceed to remove the APK app from your home screen where your apps are stored. Then open up your settings and go into "G" destination for Google app. While Inside Google app look for any linked apps that's associated with that particular a nap then delete the APK linked to your device that's what's holding it in your device. Ok after all is unlinked then restart your device and see if the issue still remains.

Upvote 0
Ok, first of all delete all unessential file managers on your device. Then search for the APK in your stock file manager, Make sure to long press or how ever your stock file manager tick. Ok after removing the APK from your file manager, proceed to remove the APK app from your home screen where your apps are stored. Then open up your settings and go into "G" destination for Google app. While Inside Google app look for any linked apps that's associated with that particular a nap then delete the APK linked to your device that's what's holding it in your device. Ok after all is unlinked then restart your device and see if the issue still remains.

P.S. Also make sure to check in your Settings under device administrator that maybe located under security. This procedure may vary on different devices but make sure that the app in question is not linked to your device administrator because this will overtake any permissions that you have set forth and may appear on your device has a virus.

Reactions: Xavier Black
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones