• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please help me make a decision between these two phones!

Hi everyone, I am completely new to the android ecosystem (have happily lived in Apple's Garden of Eden for quite some time now :p) and I would really appreciate some advice.

Recently, circumstances have come up where I am about to buy one of the two phones listed below:

• Samsung galaxy exhibit 4g
  • LG Optimus L9

These are two options and the ONLY options. Please don't recommend another phone because believe me, I would rather get something much better. As I said, a certain inescapable situation has come up that is quite literally forcing me to buy one of these TWO phones. (It's a long story) Anyway, I was hoping that I could get some advice on which of the two phones I should get. I am computer science major so don't hold back on any technical jargon :) The more detailed, the better.

what iphone are you coming from? and what are your expectations?
these phones are 1 yr old. and specs that are 1 yr old.

but if i had to choose.. i would go with Samsung over LG.
a yr ago.. LG was still playing catch-up.

I would also guess that the exhibit would have more options on the ROOTing/custom ROM options. so there would be more support from developers. (i did not research this to confirm; you should do this)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones