• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please help security concern!!!

Jazza4749

Lurker
Nov 9, 2023
Hi,

Had intruder issues a whileback now n since then ive had issues with my wifi n my phone.

Firstly ive got s second hand phone bought fot me by a friend as ive had enough of tne suspected remote access to my device i experianced it seems to be the case with every phone ive had even after a factry reset are there any other changes to anything i nred to do to ensure for eg nothings been done to the phone (current or new) can anyone use anything or have added something remotley to download files n othet info ask as ive ecperisnced imtruder attacls my wifi provider r lookimg into my wifi not achieving gusrabteed 46.8 mbs its as low as 7.8 mbs and also noticed a new wifi name EE Wifi with no password!
my other friend said to add developer options n enable the sensors toggle n otd show in my drop down menu.

Noticed an option called oem unocking on the list of my current phone which is disabled (toggles showing grey not green).
Am i right by saying it needs to be on green to stop remote or any othet access to ny files/allowing them to be nodified is this correct?

What steps can i take to npt have to worry about another phone or do i just ignore tbe above n factory reset the new phone is it as simple as that?

Thank you masdively in advance,

Roxanne :)

Hi,

Had intruder issues a whileback now n since then ive had issues with my wifi n my phone.

Firstly ive got s second hand phone bought fot me by a friend as ive had enough of tne suspected remote access to my device i experianced it seems to be the case with every phone ive had even after a factry reset are there any other changes to anything i nred to do to ensure for eg nothings been done to the phone (current or new) can anyone use anything or have added something remotley to download files n othet info ask as ive ecperisnced imtruder attacls my wifi provider r lookimg into my wifi not achieving gusrabteed 46.8 mbs its as low as 7.8 mbs and also noticed a new wifi name EE Wifi with no password!
my other friend said to add developer options n enable the sensors toggle n otd show in my drop down menu.

Noticed an option called oem unocking on the list of my current phone which is disabled (toggles showing grey not green).
Am i right by saying it needs to be on green to stop remote or any othet access to ny files/allowing them to be nodified is this correct?

What steps can i take to npt have to worry about another phone or do i just ignore tbe above n factory reset the new phone is it as simple as that?

Thank you masdively in advance,

Roxanne :)
ok where to start. you are all over the place and your post is very hard to read or understand.

remote access to any phone requires an app to be downloaded and installed first. it can't be done any other way. to have a secure phone know what apps you have installed.

oem unlock is how you unlock the bootloader. you want it locked, so it should not be enabled....greyed out is fine. having an unlocked bootloader makes it so that you can root your phone. rooting a phone leaves the phone very vulnerable. rooting will turn off your phone's securities thus allowing full administration rights to the system os. and pretty much anything can be done when the phone is in this state. so a greyed out oem unlock is what you want.

setup two step verification whenever possible. change all of your passwords. if your phone has a fingerprint reader, i would set that up as your unlock screen option.

and i'm not sure i answered all of your questions. i hope i did. on your reply, can you take the time to make your post more readable? your post is almost unreadable....but i think i was able to decipher it......i think.....lol

edit: you never mentioned what is wrong with your wifi. what is wrong with your wifi on your phone?

Last edited:
Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones