• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Please take a moment

Shabbypenguin

Extreme Android User
Mar 28, 2011
Most of you know me as a member of ACS, but i would like for you all to take a moment and learn me as a human. As some of you know pftmedic (rob) was the creator and dev behind midnight rom. he lended a hand to wherever it needed it, even sometimes posting on this very forum, he is a great guy with a huge heart. his goal with midnight rom is to spread awareness of autism which his 3 children have. if you havent already i would urge you, nay beg you to read his blog. he talks about the issues that he faces on a day to day basis. he is truly a wonderful man, unfortunately tragedy struck. his personal vehicle taht he uses had some issues, with a father of 3 money is already tight, so he did what any father would/should have done.

he sold his epic to pay for the repairs

now sure we all have complaints about various things but even still there isnt one of you taht would rather have a flip phone by tracfone then a sexy android phone. ACS has been secretly collecting money to buy him a new epic, but then the nexus s 4g came out and publicly ptfmedic made several mentions of once he can afford a smartphone again he will try to get that and continue midnight on on both platforms. so we did what we really didnt want to do, take it public. why? because we wanted it to be a surprise and to prevent rob from fighting us about it (he is a really humble guy) we wanted to get the money to rob asap but with us knowing how much he wanted a ns4g we felt it would be better to achieve his complete happiness and not just a quick fix.

this isnt some scam or some sappy commercial about how a dollar a day crap, if you can spare anything to a man that gave everything to a community it is greatly appreciated. if you can offer support or thanks (or the name of a cheaper mechanic :) ) then i beg of you to do so. on teh xda thread there is already so many people who are on att, verizon, in spain, canada etc that never even owned an epic but are offering thanks and support, i can only hope that as loyal epic owners we can do the same.

Lost and Tired My Reality Autism…x3 is his blog

if you have twitter please retweet this so the message can be spread
Twitter

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones