• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Plese help....no more app space!

akakrill

May 16, 2010
I have been searching for the answer and no luck so far.

I'm running Rooted Android 2.1 rooted with P3 1Ghz kernel and TI backup. I want to be able to run flash, Apps to SD, and restore my original apps I have backed up with TI back up. I've read a lot about options but cant decide on the safest path.

Stock 2.2 will eliminate my root correct?

I'm low on space and Apps to SD is my main concern. I'm happy with 2.1 at 1gz.

Let me know what you guys think the best route would be.

Stock 2.2 will eliminate my root correct?

Currently, there is no "stock" 2.2. They are all custom ROMs at some level. But I think you'd want to try Pete's Bugless Beast V0.2.1 Android 2.2 FRF57. It contains Apps2SD, which will solve your issue.

Every 2.2 rom out contains apps2sd. It's just on Pete's it comes automatically.
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Currently, there is no "stock" 2.2. They are all custom ROMs at some level. But I think you'd want to try Pete's Bugless Beast V0.2.1 Android 2.2 FRF57. It contains Apps2SD, which will solve your issue.

Not totally true: the leaked builds are "stock" insomuch as they were built by Motorola, using Motorola's drivers. They're not official, because they're leaks, but they're close enough to be called stock builds.

Anyway, in regards to OP: How many apps do you have downloaded that you've used all your space? o_O I've got around 40 apps installed and I still have 140mb of phone storage space left.

Upvote 0
Also there's some magic on that ROM where basically every app can be moved to SD, whereas in the others it seems more up to the dev.

Just a note, be careful with this, widgets don't do well when on the sd card and neither do services that are supposed to always be running since, despite the inconsistent documentation, there is actually no way for the service to be notified when the sdcard is available again so it can restart.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones