• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pocket Frogs... and Mobage

WhizGidget

Aug 17, 2010
Is anyone else playing Pocket Frogs on Android? I've got Mobage running (which you have to have in order to play it), and I have neighbors.

Some friends are on iOS, some on Android. Now, I can't have the iOS folks as neighbors - I get that, as they're through the Plus+ system.

But I can't interact with the Android folks. They're listed as neighbors - we all sent our requests and accepted and we can see each others' frog habitats. But we can't send frogs to each other.

Anyone having this issue, or have any ideas why this is occurring?

Thanks...
-A-

...we can see each others' frog habitats. But we can't send frogs to each other.

As of right now on Mobage you can't interact with your "neighbors" more than just looking at their habitats. Another difference I've found between the Android version vs. the iOS version is that there are 12 species of frogs you can only get by playing on the iOS version meaning there is 4,416 less frogs to collect on the Android version. Since Mobage released the Android Pocket Frogs relatively recently, hopefully they'll be doing updates as the game gains popularity in the Android market.

Upvote 0
Same here. I'm stuck on level 9. All I have is a bunch of level 8 frogs and then a few 12,13,14,16 frogs that I'd love to trade so i can get a damn level 9 frog. You can't buy a level 9 frog in the market like you can 1-8. I've only seen one in the pond in all my hours of searching but at the time, i was using a frog that was too immature to breed.

It'd be great if someone could gift me a frog. I'm not going to sit here hopping around this damn pond forever. The game was pretty cool until I hit levels 8/9. Now everything takes forever. And I've tried to breed pretty fast frogs but lately they don't ever win at the races, which is another place I'm trying to find a level 9 frog. If I do find one there and can't win in order to take it, I'm going to be pissed. This game is turning into a pointless time suck.

And if you look at the Help menu, it says under Getting New Frogs "You can get new frog breeds by ... or being gifted new frogs from your Mobage friends." wtf?

Upvote 0
i've noticed that they have added content to the android version the last few times i have started the game.. not sure what i am missing out on with the whole neighbors thing though, as i dont know of anyone else playing yet.. I'm just now hitting level 4 myself, what all does the social part of the game entail? if anyone wants to add me, i can be found at either kf5mta@gmail.com or doombuggie@gmail.com.. not sure which email address i gave.

Upvote 0
I have a completely different question although it's related to gifting frogs through the Android system app, so let me apologize in advance if I should have posted it elsewhere -I'm a newb to this forum!

Oh, and let me add that my name is Kris and my pocket frogs user ID is figgypie. =) so feel free to add me, I love new froggy friends!

Okay, my question is, are there limits to how many frogs you can receive per friend per level you're at? Similar to the way you can only buy 1 new habitat per level, I was thinking? Or maybe the limit is on how many frogs you can gift to a certain friend as per your own level?

My 10 year old daughter recently got a tablet as a gift from her father (ehhh...), also using the app with the android system, and many times when I try to gift her a frog, she doesn't show up on my list of friends to send it to. Actually, about half of my friends don't show up on the list to send a frog gift to, but it isn't the same friends every time. It seems to depend on when I try to send which is what leads me to believe it would be a limit per the recipient's level as I rarely level up anymore (I'm at level 23 right now so that equals a TON of XP! lol)

If anyone has an answer or some insight, I'd really appreciate it! My daughter isn't really concerned with the sets since she's a kind of low level and can't breed fancy frogs and she seems to be doing okay with the achievements awards on her own, but she loves when I send her "presents" of typically pretty frogs that are within her breeding levels, so it gets frustrating when I can't send them and then have to hang on to them (aka take up extra space) hoping that the next day or two I'll be able to get rid of them.

Thanks everyone! <3

-Kris (figgypie)

Upvote 0
@Kris, I've only just started playing on Android (my old phone couldn't run it and it isn't officially compatible with my tablet, but I could finally download it with my new phone.) so I'm still learning the differences. I'm level 22 on iOS with every breed of frog and 100% of my Anuras, but only level 12 on Android.

I don't think there is a limit, I just think mobage sucks. I really wish that NimbleBits had used someone else to port the game on Android.

Reactions: krisabyss
Upvote 0
Just finding this forum...I've been wondering about friends and trading in Pocket Frogs. I'm doing okay with breeding and challenges - up to level 13 and 72% of awards completed, but my 4% Froggydex is pretty pitiful. Can't say I really understand the Froggydex, though... At any rate, having friends and being able to do requests would make the game more fun, so feel free to add me - my user name is ragmama.

Kris, I sent you a request! :)

Upvote 0
The Froggy dex has all of your breeds then colors then sub colors. There are 16 sub colors. Once you're bred a color and subcolor of any breed you can go back to the froggydex and clone it for 10X the cost of the frog. If you breed your Anura to 100% you can clone those for under 700 coins and then breed them with the breed you wish for a huge savings (it just takes more time.)

Upvote 0
^ Well that makes perfect sense. :)

Only now, Pocket Frogs won't turn on for me at ALL. It was fine until we went out of town for a few days...didn't play it, came home, and now it won't load. Every time I try, I get an error that says "the application Pocket Frogs (process com.mobage.ww.a435.pocketfrogs_android) has stopped unexpectedly." Force close. *sigh*

It's been doing this for more than 24 hours now. Anyone have words of wisdom? I really really don't want to delete it and re-download, especially if this is something that might correct itself eventually...

Upvote 0
Clear data/cache (Settings -> apps -> manage applications -> (may be different depending on version of android). You will have to log in again via mobage but all of your account stuff is stored online.

You could also uninstall and reinstall it. Last night I and a few others I've heard were having a problem loading friends to send gifts.

Upvote 0
Okay, I have yet another question...about the social aspect of the game, I suppose. I have a few of you as friends (thanks!!) but I have no idea how to trade frogs. CAN you trade frogs? Seems like I've seen people talking about sending them, but I have no clue how to do it, or if it's just an iPhone thing.

I'm in need of a Bulbous, Lanterna and Tribus...and I'd be happy to send frogs to others. If I can. :)

Upvote 0
I am trying to figure out how to trade frogs via mobage. I used to play Pocket Frogs on my fiance's iPod and had +Plus network and had a very near complete collection. That ipod died and now we have a tablet that I play Pocket Frogs on. I have to use Mobage for the tablet so I started over from scratch. I am now up to level 38 but I have yet to find 9 of the breeds. Some of them lower level frogs. I have spent countless hours in the pond and racing frog of the same level and the levels above and below each of these and yet these ones still elude me. If someone can figure out how to add and trade with friends and can send any of these I would be grateful. I would also like to figure out how to help others complete their list of breeds. My mobage ID is Raikeira5

I am missing the following:

Level Breed

3 Lanterna
3 Tribus
4 Ludo
5 Marinus
6 Dextera
9 Orbis
10 Obaro
15 Bulbus
16 Signum

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones